It’s summer from where I am and I am reminded of the times when we would go out of town for beach trips or somewhere cooler. It’s always a great time to bust out the grill, or make some beautifully pan-fried fish. Since travel restrictions have tightened again, I thought about revisiting one of my favorite recipes to make instead.
Normally, I would season the fish with salt and pepper and fry or grill them straight out but I like how this fish is flavorful and spicy, and it goes well with a lovely side salad, and maybe some refreshing guacamole or salsa.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Good for 4 Persons
- 4 pcs of Fish Fillet (I used Tilapia fillet for this recipe)
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon of dried thyme leaves
- ¼ cup of olive oil or avocado oil
- Mix all the dry spice and salt in a bowl.
- Rub the spices on each side of the fish fillet and set aside for ten minutes.
- On a non-stick pan, heat up the olive oil or avocado oil.
- Place the pieces of fish on the pan. Cook each side for at least 2 or 3 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish, until it has a charred-like appearance to it.
- Serve with lemon wedges, sour cream, and a side salad or guacamole.